It can be really tricky to find your shade when it comes to foundation, especially for medium skin tones or if you have yellow or red undertones. The wrong shade could have you looking darker, ghostly, or worse, orange…
Fortunately, these make-up brands have created collections with a wide range of shades. Say good-bye to the days of mixing foundations or wearing the wrong colour.
1. L.A Girl – 16 shades. Although this foundation from L.A Girl only has 16 shades, it delivers a wide shade range for people with darker skin tones. The PRO Coverage High-Definition Longwear Illuminating Liquid Foundation is also available, extending the colour range even further. L.A. Girl also has an innovative white foundation mixer so you can adjust and customise colour.
L.A Girl R175
2. Bobbi Brown – 30 shades. This brand offers a unique service in helping you find your perfect foundation match. Customers choose their shade range and Bobbi Brown sends you a shade finder booklet that includes six samples for testing.
Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation R630
SEE ALSO: 5 highly rated foundations for oily skin
3. Estee Lauder – 36 shades. The Double Wear Stay in Place foundation has amazing staying power and 36 beautiful shades. It really does stay put all day.
Estee Lauder R585
4. Maybelline – 40 shades. Maybelline’s Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation is a favourite amongst local bloggers and vloggers alike. It’s tough to find a budget friendly foundation with a huge colour range, that’s why it’s so great that this foundation not only carries 40 saturated shades for you to choose from.
Maybelline’s Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation R100
5. Cover | FX – 40 shades. Although Cover FX’s Natural Finish Foundation is oil-free.
Cover | FX R950
6. MAC – 46 shades. MAC offers their medium coverage Studio Fix foundation in an impressive 46 shades! Its matte finish and medium coverage means it builds and blends easily. MAC has always been about celebrating individuality and inclusivity and their foundation is no different. With a whopping 46 shades, it’s the foundation with the most shades on the market.
7. Revlon Colorstay foundation – 35 shades. This foundation offers longwear for up to 24 hours. It’s lightweight formula is perfect for all skin types.