Are you ready to start spring-cleaning, free yourself of the winter blues or just rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit? Then these hacks will provide a natural, plant-based alternative to get you feeling and looking great. Essential oil enthusiasts crush hard on tea tree (also known as Melaleuca alternifolia) because it has a fresh and versatile scent. Kemble Morgan from Young Living shares how you can use your bottle of tea tree oil for multiple benefits.
1. Goodbye blemishes – Get flawless skin by adding a drop of tea tree oil to a cotton ball and applying it directly to the spot.
SEE ALSO: 4 not-so-common uses for tea tree oil
2. Rid your room of not-so-fresh scents – Diffuse for 30 minutes to clear the air.
3. Refresh your clothes – Left the laundry in the washer for too long? Add 3–5 drops to your detergent and run the load again for a crisp, clean fragrance.
4. Step off, stinky shoes! Place a drop of this powerful oil in your shoes to freshen them up.
5. Say hello to healthy nails – Keep your manicure looking polished by soaking your fingers and toes in warm water mixed with a few drops of tea tree and 2 tablespoons of Epsom salts.
6. Soothe your scalp – Mix 1 drop each of tea tree and Eucalyptus globulus to your shampoo. The cooling suds bring cleansing power to each strand.
7. Invite the freshness of the outdoors inside – Diffuse 2–4 drops of this bright, clean-scented oil for moments of vitality and vigour.