Get ready to have your mind blown. It turns out that one simple item in your home has a variety of little-known uses. Find out more about the uses for toothpaste now.
1. Remove stains quickly. Toothpaste can be used to remove stains on clothing. Pat some toothpaste over an area stained with ink or tomato sauce and allow to stand for at least 30 minutes before washing as usual.
2. Heal blemishes. Dabbing toothpaste on a spot or cold sore overnight can help to shrink the offending blemish.
3. A hack that helps your headlights. The ingredients in toothpaste work a treat in keeping your car’s lights gleaming. Smear some toothpaste on the lights, leave to dry then polish with a clean cloth.
4. Put the shine back. Toothpaste can revive the shine of silver, steel and chrome quickly and easily. This works particularly well on jewelry and around your home (think taps, cutlery and the bottom of your iron). It leaves things smelling minty fresh too! To use toothpaste in this way, simply apply a small blob to the area you want to clean and rub well.
5. Clean your takkies. Revitalize white takkies by scrubbing with a little toothpaste – especially on the sole. This helps remove stains and keep your shoes in tip-top condition too.
SEE ALSO: 7 tips for great oral hygiene
6. One of the strangest uses for toothpaste involves your cellphone. Strange but true! Toothpaste can help mask the little scratches on your devices screen. Gently run a little toothpaste all over the surface of the screen, leave to dry then wipe off.