Protective hairstyles such as braids, cornrows, and weaves cause tension along your hairline, which can lead to traction alopecia (which is essentially hair loss from pulling) if left unchecked. The good news is that snatched edges aren’t necessarily beyond repair. If you’ve experienced breakage or a thinning hairline, try one of these hair growth stimulators to restore your hairline…
1. Tropic Isle Living Strong Roots Red Pimento Hair Growth Oil. This all-natural oil features Jamaican red pimento oil, which is an antioxidant that helps to improve the circulation of key nutrients contained in this product, such as coconut oil. These ingredients help reduce hair loss and shedding, and promote hair growth. For best results, massage this hair growth stimulator directly into your scalp every two to three days.
2. Afri True Penetrating Temple & Nape Balm Jojoba & Argan Oils. Afri True Penetrating Temple & Nape Balm Jojoba & Argan Oils is infused with nourishing argan and jojoba oils and a hair moisture complex to stimulate your scalp and promote hair growth. This product has rave reviews and is excellent for relaxed, braided, weaves or natural hair.
SEE ALSO: 10 foods that’ll give you healthy hair
3. Kerastase Specifique Stimuliste Spray. Kerastase Specifique Stimuliste Spray is a daily treatment formulated for hair loss prevention. If your hair is thinning, it stimulates stronger hair production and increased density. It’s a perfect on-the-go treatment for when you have a protective hairstyle.
4. Dr. Miracle’s Hot Gro Hair & Scalp Treatment. Dr. Miracle’s Hot Gro Hair & Scalp Treatment uses the power of natural ingredients like aloe, shea butter and jojoba oil to nourish your scalp and improve hair growth. This hair growth stimulator soothes the scalp and prevents dandruff while protecting your hair from breakage.
5. Tropic Isle Living Jamaican Black Castor Oil. Jamaican black castor oil is famous for its fortifying effects on distressed hair. Tropic Isle is known for its high-quality organic Jamaican black castor oil. This product detoxifies the scalp and reduces hair loss. For best results, mix this product with a lighter carrier oil, such as olive oil and avocado oil, in a bottle and apply twice a day.
6. Afri True Conditioning Growth Oil. Afri True Conditioning Growth Oil is enriched with argan oil, vitamins A & E and jojoba oil to help moisturise your scalp and strengthen your hair. It’s perfect for braided or weave styles, when your hair is under tension, to promote hair growth and reduce itching and flaking.
The post The best hair growth stimulators to help your edges flourish appeared first on All4Women.