For many parents, the lockdown has seen them spend a lot more time with their children especially those whose nannies have gone home to be with their families. This means having to find ways to keep your children busy on a full-time basis. This task is especially difficult if you’re working and have to also manage their schoolwork. So you have to create fun at home.
Here are 5 ways to take the stress out of the lockdown with activities to keep everyone happy and healthy:
1. Set a timetable. This will help you and your kids know what they have planned for the day. Ask your kids what they would like to do and balance it with their schoolwork so they can have the best of both worlds.
2. Look out for activities online. During the lockdown, there are many online resources you can use to entertain your kids. From schoolwork to online books, there are many options your little ones can enjoy.
SEE ALSO: 6 Online learning resources for kids
3. The great outdoors.
- Good weather is great for simple activities like picnics and ball games. Enjoy your back garden, pick an afternoon and make a day of it.
- Get them gardening – growing plants and getting your hands dirty is great fun. There are lots of plants that even a young child can grow without too much trouble, from small trees to herbs and vegetables. Be sure to wash your dirty hands when you are done.
4. Get them cooking and baking.
- Baking together is a great way of spending quality time with your kids, while also providing them with some edible treats.
- In terms of cooking, there are loads of simple recipes you can try out with your children. You can also challenge them to come up with different sandwich fillings for their lunch. Remember to wash your hands before preparing food, and clean and disinfect all surfaces.
5. Movie or dance day.
- Get their favourite music, a couple of dress-up items, and let them dance till they drop.
- Compile a movie collection and spend the day watching all sorts of movies from comedy to cartoons, depending on how old your children are. This is an easy task because all you’ll have to do is provide drinks and healthy snacks.