Make sure this season is your most glamourous one yet. These are winter’s hottest coat trends so you can rock a look that’s on point and will keep you warm too…
A coat is the ultimate top layer for colder weather. We decode this season’s hottest coat trends so you can make sure you choose one that’s ultra stylish.
1. Nomalanga Shozi goes red hot. A flaming red coat is a stunning look for winter. Not only does it brighten up dreary days, it also makes a style statement. You should opt for a trench coat with minimal detailing for a classic take on the look. If bright red is too bold for your tastes, consider a wine red or burgundy hue instead.
Strike 3. “Nomalanga kade ulow-key, sekumele ubavove manje. ” -A message from a Friend. It’s about that time! ? #TheFlame #OOTD #StreetStyle #Chic #Casual #Style #BigHairDontCare #Denim #Red #Bold #Hair #HairForDays #BlackGirlMagic #BlackGurlsRock #Afro #Black #VeryBlack #Actress #Presenter #RadioHead #Dreamer #Casio #WorldTime
2. Linda Mtoba reaches for the fur. Faux fur is the hottest texture of the season. So go for a fur coat for a look that looks and feels luxe. For a chic take on things choose one in rich chocolate brown or tantalising tan and cream hues. If you’re not keen on that much fur, look out for a coat featuring faux fur detailing on areas such as the collar or cuffs.
3. DJ Zinhle checks it out. Take a retro approach and select a coat featuring a plaid or checked print. Monochromatic options will complement any outfit and ensure your look is in style too. You can choose any size or composition of the print.
4. Nhlanhla Nciza is playfully puffy. Puffy coats are in style. But wear this look with caution, especially if you’re well endowed. This coat trend can add extra bulk to your frame, so it works best on those with rectangular body shapes. The good news is that this trend can be worn with neutral hues and bright colours alike – in a length of your choice.
5. Ayanda Thabethe is in shearling darling. These sheep skin coats are definitely a must-have this season. They come in a variety of colours, lengths and textures. They can be dressed up with a pair of your favourite heels or with a cute pair of sneakers for a quick visit to the mall.
Other hot coat trends to consider
- Embroidered accents or motifs
- Statement sleeves
- Leather detailing
- Embellished elements