With the new season, come new ways to look fashionable and stylish. To make sure you are ready and to make the most out of this season, there are certain things you should do.
A new season means a fresh look at your wardrobe. There may be a few clothes that you won’t have worn for the past year or so. It’s time to say goodbye to them and to make space for something fresh and new. This may be tough to do but try to be as ruthless as you can and donate clothes that do not fit or you don’t need.
5 Tips on how to get your wardrobe ready for autumn:
1. Take stock of what you already have. The first thing you need to do is find out exactly what is in your wardrobe. This will help you decide which clothes are suitable for this season, which ones you need to store away and find out which clothes still fit you. Once you know what you have, you can separate them according to which ones you will use this season, which ones you are storing away, and which ones you are giving away to charity.
2. Plan your outfits. This is an opportunity to find interesting ways to style your outfits. Have fun playing dress up and find out what you need to invest in for the new season. Are your boots looking a bit old and shabby? Perhaps it’s time to invest in some new leather boots that will last for years. Are you lacking in coats, long-sleeved shirts, or jerseys? Make a list so that you can prioritise what you need according to your budget.
SEE ALSO: 5 fashion hacks you need to know now
3. Find out which clothes need dry-cleaning or repairs. This is also the best time to get all your clothes dry-cleaned and smelling fresh. You will also find out which shoes still fit you and if they need to be cleaned or repaired. Small tweaks here and there on your wardrobe can make a huge difference. You will also be able to save money by using the clothes you already have that are still in good condition instead of getting new ones.
4. Check what you still need. There may be a few things that do not fit anymore so you may need to get a new coat or other items or pair of boots. Getting a few trendy items to add to your wardrobe can be the best way to make sure your outfits pop. Having one or two super-trendy pieces every year can make you look super fashionable while still staying within your budget. A lovely new coat, some colourful accessories, a warm hat, or winter shoes can all make an ‘older’ outfit pop, and still look fresh and fabulous.
SEE ALSO: The best perfumes for autumn
5. Organise your wardrobe for the new season. . Arrange your clothes by colour or function. Make sure that they aren’t crushed together in a small space so that they crease easily. They should be easy to view at a glance so that you can pick an outfit in a hurry instead of relying on your ‘old favourites’ just because they’re convenient!
So there you have it, follow these simple tips to make sure that your wardrobe is ready for the new season. This will help you to always look on-point this autumn.
The post 5 Tips to get your wardrobe ready for the new season appeared first on All4Women.