Fashion designer and founder of FabroSanz, Sandi Mazibuko chats to us about her ultimate fashion essentials and gives us tips to slay this season. By Kwanele Mathebula
Image: Sandi Mazibuko IG
I have three important style essentials that complete my look. My outfit is never complete without an item from FabroSanz. I’m usually in jeans during the week, so I add a blazer, statement shoe or sneakers and a nude lipstick.
Comfort and quality are important to me when buying clothes. You can’t always guarantee comfort as ladies like dresses that are fitted and pencil skirts. The movement on a well-fitting pencil dress or skirt isn’t always comfortable, but we love them.
Tips on how to slay on a budget
- Know what looks good on you by understanding your body type.
- Invest in a nude and black stiletto.
- Accessories, including belts, transform an outfit from day to night.
- Build your closet on quality fashion staples such as a good pair of jeans, the little black dress, white shirt and blazers in different colours.
- Shop around for great finds; most retail stores carry the same things but at different prices. Look at fashion bloggers for inspiration on how to style those items.
The fashion trends from winter are making a comeback this summer
- Dramatic sleeves have become a focal point in many outfits as they add drama to your outfit while being classic, too. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes such as belle sleeves, ruffles, gathers and pleats.
- Fringe is a favourite to many fashionistas. You will see these in just about everything from swimwear, earrings, jackets and cocktail dresses.
- Handkerchief hem in dresses and skirts.
- Ruffles, which I absolutely love. This trend adds a bit of drama to a simple silhouette when applied well.
SEE ALSO: 5 minutes with Lindo Mnguni
I am kicking 2018 by launching my Nguni Print Collection. We designed our own print and we will be focusing on that. We will also add more style and variation to the range. Our office opulence collection will be available at the beginning of the year to help ladies with their workwear. This range will continue offering working women trendy and classy ready-to-wear.