Images: Shane Eagle IG
1. I was born and raised in Johannesburg. I spent my time between my mom’s place in the east of Johannesburg and my dad’s in the west. I was an active child; I played sports and spent a lot of time with my friends.
2. I have always been a fan of hip-hop. I started rapping in Grade 8, and realised then that I would do this for the rest of my life. My music is inspired by life, the people around me and my fans. Inspiration lives in everything; we just need to take the time to appreciate things more. I am blessed to be living out parts of my childhood dreams of being a rapper.
SEE ALSO: 5 minutes with Moonchild Sanelly
3. In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my loved ones. They include my girlfriend and team, or playing basketball with my friends. I enjoy PlayStation or watching a good series. I also read a lot more than I used to, and stay active by going to the gym.
4. I was excited to be part of the opening acts for the Castle Lite Unlocks event. My manager informed me just before my trip to Europe, and I was ecstatic! It was thrilling to see that a brand such as Castle Lite had its ear on the ground, providing spaces for local artists to perform alongside international stars such as Chance the Rapper. This showed me that the brand is in touch with the culture, and doing its bit to uplift the local hip-hop scene.
5. My performance is going to be special. I am thankful that my debut album had a positive reception. My performance will be dedicated to my supporters; they’re going to experience my music like never before.
SEE ALSO: 5 minutes with Michelle Mosalakae
6. I aim to launch more projects this year in order to grow as an artist. These will include The Yellow Tour. I am looking forward to sharing them with my fans.
The Castle Lite Unlocks concert takes place on the 30th of April 2018 in Johannesburg. In celebration of Chance The Rapper’s 25th birthday, tickets are 25% off for the next 25 hours. Get your tickets here!