Celebrate the festive season with a new scent. Our beauty editor Grace Mantjiu picks her favourite 12 perfumes for you and your significant other.
Let your fragrance set the mood this season. Wear a fresh scent during the day, and a different one that also complements your partner’s fragrance for your dinner date. Pick from the list below:
1. Marc Jacobs Divine Decadence, from R875
2. Mont Blanc Lady Emblem L’Eau, from R745
3. Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Christmas Collector’s Edition, R1 435
4. Lancome La Vie est belle L’Éclat, R1 200
5. Kenzo World Eau de Parfum, from R945
6. Gucci Bloom, from R975
1. Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Intense, from R1 050
2. John Varvatos Artisan Blu, R1 195
3. Givenchy Gentleman, from R1 010
4. Mont Blanc Legend Night, from R645
5. Limited edition Thierry Mugler Amen Kryptomint Pour Homme, R1 195
6. Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme, from R1 060
• Don’t store your fragrances in the bathroom or next to the window. The heat and light can lessen the quality, so keep them on the dressing table instead.
• Make your scent last longer by applying petroleum jelly on your skin first.
• Avoid staining your clothes by spraying perfume right after your shower or bath. The moisture on your skin will help to lock it in.
• Create your own scent by layering fragrances. Start with a stronger scent and top it with a lighter one.