Finding the right eyeshadow palette that’s affordable, good quality and has colours that suit your skin is never easy. You want eyeshadow colours that are not only cool, but the brand has to work for you.
These budget-friendly eyeshadow palettes will highlight any eye colour, work with most skin tones and create beautiful looks for any occasion – without hurting your pocket.
Here are 10 of the best palettes under R250:
- NYX Professional Makeup Full Throttle Eyeshadow Easy On The Eyes. This NYX palette gives you eyeshadows loaded with highly pigmented colour. The neutral shades have a bit of sparkle, so you can play around with varying combinations of colours for endless bold looks.
NYX Professional Makeup Full Throttle Eyeshadow Easy On The Eyes – R165
2. L.A Girl Beauty Brick Eyeshadow Nudes. This eyeshadow palette from L.A Girl is extremely popular as it is seen as a (much) less expensive version of the cult favourite Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. It has all the colours you need for pretty much every occasion, and you don’t need to spend more than R100 to get it! Winning!
If you want bright colours, try The Neons palette for bold looks or the Smoky palette to create sultry eyes.
L.A Girl Beauty Brick Eyeshadow Nudes – R100
3. Rimmel Magnif’eyes Keep Calm & Wear Gold Contouring Palette. For a mix of shimmer and matte shades, we love The Keep Calm & Wear Gold eyeshadow palette from Rimmel. The colours range from light-to-dark and warm-to-cool, plus the shadows have a soft and smooth texture, making them easy to apply and blend.
Rimmel Magnif’eyes Keep Calm & Wear Gold Contouring Palette – R170
SEE ALSO: 4 types of make-up primers
4. I Heart Makeup Wonder Palette. I Heart Makeup’s Wonder palette has a whopping 16 eyeshadow shades that are all indulgent and creamy, making them easy to blend.
I Heart Makeup Wonder Palette – R180
5. NYX Professional Makeup Avant Pop Eyeshadow Palette. If you’re up for experimenting, NYX’s Avant Pop palette gives you the option of creating a softer finish or a bolder statement look with this striking palette in various shades.
NYX Professional Makeup Avant Pop Eyeshadow Palette – R250
6. Freedom Makeup London Pro 12. Freedom Makeup is a London brand that offers professional make-up at affordable prices. Their Pro 12 palettes features 12 darker shades, so if you’re a fan of a dramatic, smoky eye, this one’s for you!
Freedom Makeup London Pro 12 – R90
SEE ALSO: Know your make-up brushes
7. E.L.F Cosmetics Need It Nude Eyeshadow Palette. Eyes Lips Face, also known as e.l.f. Cosmetics, is an international cosmetics brand that is cruelty-free. Their City palette is the perfect mix of glam metallics and understated neutrals. Whether you’re going out on the town or to a meeting, you’re sorted!
E.L.F Cosmetics Need It Nude Eyeshadow Palette – R240
8. Maybelline Eyeshadow Palette Blushed Nudes. This 12-shade palette features dazzling colours infused with rose gold pigments. It’s the kind of palette you use to create soft, feminine looks for everyday wear.
Maybelline Eyeshadow Palette Blushed Nudes – R239.95
9. Catrice Nude Blossom Col Eyeshadow Pal 010 Blossom N Roses. This long-lasting and highly pigmented eyeshadow from Catrice has a matt contouring shade and a shimmer highlighter shade that make it easy to accentuate your eye area. If you find yourself reaching for pinks and purples, this one’s for you.
Catrice Nude Blossom Col Eyeshadow Pal 010 Blossom N Roses – R99.95
10. BH Cosmetics Modern Mattes Eyes To Go Palettes. Feeling bold? BH Cosmetics Modern Mattes Eyes to Go palette is everything you need to create graphic looks. We love that it’s vegan and paraben-free, and the shadows are a mix of matte, shimmer and foil shades.
BH Cosmetics Modern Mattes Eyes To Go Palettes – R90