Part of taking care of keeping your handbag looking good for long is what you keep in it. We have put together a selection of things a woman should always carry in her handbag. These relate to hygiene, health and general beauty care.
Here are 10 handbag must-haves:
1.Hygiene wipes. Throughout the day, your hands come into contact with a lot of items and surfaces. You shake hands and sneeze into them, or touch dirty money and handles – these are all germ-infested. So, keep Dettol hygiene wipes in your handbag to keep your hands clean, and prevent germs from spreading. This will also help protect the people you come into contact with.
2. Compact. A compact mirror always comes in handy when you need to touch up your make-up.
3. Tampon/sanitary pad. There is nothing worse than needing a tampon or sanitary pad when you don’t have one. Carrying it in your handbag ensures that you are always prepared. Whether you use a tampon or pad, it’s important to carry both in a suitable container, so they remain clean.
4. Mints. Bad breath can be a huge turn off. Carry mints or mint gum for those days when you eat tuna for lunch, to save yourself from the embarrassment of bad breath.
5. Lip moisturiser. Chapped, cracked and dry lips are not attractive. So, always carry some kind of moisturiser, be it a lip gloss or balm. Just in case you need to look fancy, throw lipstick in there, too.
6. Hand lotion. No one wants to have ashy hands, so hand lotion is a definite must!
7. Band-aid. If you plan on wearing that new pair of shoes, a band-aid will come in handy when they hurt your feet. Put a few in your handbag; you never know when you might need one.
8. Pocket tissues. Coming down with a flu and need to blow your nose? Tissues in your handbag will come in handy. There will be a lot of instances when they come to your rescue, including when something spills in your bag.
9. Deodorant. Ever had such a hectic morning that you get to work, only to realise that you didn’t put deodorant on? Are you running around, especially on hot summer days, and feeling self-cautious about your body odour? That emergency deodorant may rescue you from that “sticky” situation, so carry one in your handbag!
10. Lipstick. Lipstick can help you transform your make-up from day to night, so keep one nearby.