Keep the cold at bay by rocking a stylish headwrap. Not only is it classic and trendy, but it also covers up for bad hair days. Some of our favourite celebs show us how to wear it.
By: Nkamogeleng Lebeloane
1. Former Miss SA Bokang Montjane shows us how to wear a print headwrap with confidence.
Had an amazing day with @unwomen Executive-Director Dr Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka discussing gender equality and a way forward to make this world a better place…Repost from @nunnovation via @igrepost_app :The beautiful Bokang Montjane graced the UN Women #Beijing20Plus event, the work she is doing for young South African girls is applaudable. Cc @unfoundation @unicef @unicef_southafrica
2. Unathi Msengana looks elegant in a black headwrap.
3. We love how Manaka Ranaka’s purple lipstick complements the hues on her wrap.
4. Taking it back home, Samkelo Ndlovu looks stunning in her traditional Xhosa headwear.
My heritage is the root of me… where I began before I ever was. I am my forefathers. I am Xhosa and proud. Our customs and traditions anchor me in this modern world where identity is such an ever-changing and liquid concept. Our clothing and food are what I enjoy the most. We pride ourselves in our sense of style and way of dancing; ukuXhentsa. Our women are known to be independent beings and forward thinkers. I still have the smoking pipe my great aunt passed down to me. Our men are known to be gentlemen who finesse through chivalry. I love being Xhosa, and I love being South African. uMampinga, Mawawa, Mntomtwana, Bholokoqoshe, Yem Yem, ahh Mpinga. @Ponds_SA #HERitage #ponds #HERitageMonth #HERitageDay
5. Nolo Phiri pairs her wrap with a beautiful smile.
6. The Tsonga colours are bright and beautiful, and this is evident in Thembi Seete’s look.
7. Kelly Khumalo nails the goddess look she was gunning for.
8. Ntando Duma looks breathtaking in her colourful headgear.
9. Thembisa Mdoda looks simple, and yet elegant.
10. Pearl Thusi’s colourful headwrap is simply stunning.
11. Thulisile Phongolo looks beautiful and playful in a matching dress and wrap.