|Have you been missing your favorite magazine?
If so your subscription could be one of many payments we have not been able to allocate.
Should you have paid via internet banking or direct deposit and have not received your magazine, please give us a call so that we can rectify and process your order as soon as possible.
If this has happened to you please contact
Chantel le Roux
Call: 011 473 8700
|Baked Butternut, Broccoli and Cauliflower in Cheese Pastry Case
- 400g butter, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons (75ml) sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup (250ml) Cheddar cheese, room temperature
- 5 cups (1250ml) GOLDEN CLOUD Cake Wheat Flour
- salt, to taste
- Cayenne pepper
- Chopped soft herbs
- Combine the Golden Cloud Cake Wheat Flour and remaining dry ingredients, including the cheese.
- Add the eggs and mix into a firm ball.
- Add the cheese and herbs.
- Leave to rest for +/- 1 hour before use.
- Roll out the rested pastry to 5mm thickness and use to line the desired mould of your choice.
- Blind-bake cases at 180°C for 5- 8 minutes, using dry rice or dried beans as a weight to prevent the pastry from puffing.
- Remove the dry rice or dried beans and fill the cases with the quiche filling.
- 300g pumpkin or butternut, cut into 2cm cubes
- 150g broccoli florets (break up bigger pieces)
- 150g cauliflower florets (break uo bigger pieces)
- Blanch and parboil the vegetables seperately in water until just tender.
- Drain well and pat vegetables dry otherwise they will be too watery.
Thick savoury sauce:
- 250g margarine
- 1½ cups (375ml) GOLDEN CLOUD Cake Wheat Flour
- 2½ cups (625ml) NESTLE Ideal Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups (500ml) boiling water
- 2-3 teaspoons (10ml- 15ml) dry vegetable stock powder or cube
- 1 cup (250ml) Cheddar cheese, grated
- fresh parsley, chopped to serve
- sea salt flakes and coarse black pepper, to serve
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Melt the margarine in saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in the GOLDEN CLOUD Cake Wheat Flour with a whisk to make a smooth paste.
- Add the Nestle Ideal Evaporated Milk to the boiling water in which the stock powder/ cube has been dissolved.
- Gradually add this liquid to the flour and margarine paste, stirrring all the time with a whisk to thicken the sauce while preventing lumps from forming.
- Place the scattered vegetables evenly in the pastry case.
- Pour over the sauce and top with cheese and crumbs left over from making the pastry.
- Bake at 170°C for 30- 40 minutes until set.
- Sprinkle with parsley and season to taste.