1 red onion, chopped
• 1 tablespoon (15ml) olive oil
• 400g lean beef sausages
• 2 x 400g chopped tomatoes
• 1 cup (250ml) hot chicken stock
• 1 cup (250ml) NESTLÉ Ideal Evaporated Milk
• 1 teaspoon (5ml) sugar
• 1 x 400g can mixed beans, drained and rinsed
• salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 40g Parmesan cheese, grated, to serve (optional)
1. Fry the onion in the olive oil for 5 minutes until softened.
2. Push the onion to one side of the pan.
3. Snip the ends of the sausage casings and push the meat out of them. Roll the meat into small meatballs and add to the free
space in the pan, cooking for 8 –
10 minutes until golden.
4. Stir in the chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, NESTLÉ Ideal Evaporated Milk and sugar.
5. Cover and cook for 20 minutes over medium heat.
6. Add the mixed beans to the pan, season well and cook, uncovered over medium heat for a further 10 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with the Parmesan, if desired, to serve.