Enter your search criteria in the field below.
|Sweet Chilli Chicken Quiche
- 400g butter, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons (75ml) sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup (250ml) Cheddar cheese, at room temperature
- 5 cups (125ml) cake flour
- salt, to taste
- cayenne pepper
- soft herbs, chopped
- Combine all the dry ingredients, including the cheese.
- Add the eggs and mix into a firm ball.
- Add the herbs.
- Leave to rest for about 1 hour before use.
- Roll out the rested pastry to 5mm thickness and use to line the desired mould of your choice.
- Blind-bake cases at 180°C for about 5-8 minutes, using dry rice or dried beans as a weight to prevent the pastry from puffing.
- Remove the dry rice or dried beans and set pastry case aside until needed.
- 250g chicken breast fillets
- salt and pepper
- cake flour, to dust
- 100ml oil
- 4 tablespoons (60ml) margarine
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 cup (250ml) NESTLE Cream
- ½ cup (125ml) mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) thinly sliced red Peppadews or fresh green chillies, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and flour.
- Put the oil in a pan over medium heat and gently cook the chicken until lightly browned. Slice into small pieces.
- Fry the onion in margarine.
- Mix into the prepared chicken.
- Add the sweet chilli sauce and cook in a pan over high heat.
- Combine the eggs, NESTLE Cream and mozzarella and add to the cooled-down chicken mixture.
- Fill the pastry case with the quiche filling and bake in the oven until semi-set (about 20 minutes).
- Leave to cool.
- To serve, arrange Peppadew slices around the sides of the quiche, or sprinkle chopped peppadews or chillies over the top.