Shaping your eyebrows might feel like a lot of work, but it’s worth it. Neat and tidy eyebrows do a lot to transform your face, creating a polished look. Get your brows on fleek with our tips on how to shape, colour or fill them in.
BY: Grace Mantjiu
How to shape your brows
Tweezing can take some time, but this method is perfect if your budget is a bit tight. You will also have to do it almost every week to keep your brows in shape.
Where to get it done Most beauty salons offer the service at a reasonable price, but you can buy a set of tweezers and do it yourself.
Waxing is a quick and easy way to remove hair and has a longer period before the hair grows back. However, this isn’t recommended for anyone with sensitive skin as the wax can leave the skin red and sore.
Where to get it done: Benefit brow counters at Edgars stores.
Threading is the most precise method. It removes even the tiniest strand of hair using a cotton thread, giving you a natural finish. While this emphasises your brow arch very well, it is the most painful out of the three methods.
Where to get it done? Sorbet Beauty salons, R85, visit sorbet.co.za
How to get the perfect shape and colour at home
Use the pencil method to determine the shape and how high your arch should be.
- Place an eye pencil in a straight line along the side of your nose. This shows you where your brow should start.
- Next, place the pencil on the side of your nose but crossing over your pupil in the middle of your eye. This shows you where to place the arch of your brow.
- Then move the pencil to the edge of your eye to see where your brow should end.
- Use a brow brush from your eyebrow palette or pencil to neaten up all the little hairs.
- Follow with a brown eyebrow pencil, gel or powder to fill in the gaps and add colour.
- Finish up with a brow gel like to put the hair back into place then use tweezers to remove any stray hair (do not over pluck).
More finds for selfie-ready brows!
- The LA Girl Brow Kit, 95 has two brow colours, wax to shape, highlighter, mini tweezers and a brush with applicator.
- Benefit Full Brows Ahead, R475, contains everything you need to step up your brow look.
- Catrice Eyebrow Filler Perfecting & Shaping Gel, R69.95
- La-Tweez Pro-Illuminating Tweezers, R250
- Yardley Eyebrow Pencil & Brush, R89.95